Wednesday, September 25, 2013

BLASTOFF TO THE LAND OF SNETH

This is the final plug for the Rushad Eggleston CD release Tour coming to Clinton Corners on Saturday Night, September 28th at 7:00pm. You can read the original post, with some background HERE. We have a little bit more information to whet your apetite for what we all know will be a specatacular evening and special treat right here in our little Valley. First, here is the entire Tour Schedule For Rusahd's swing through the northeast:
 As you can see, he has crammed 10 gigs into 11 days which is fairly typical for our friend Rushad. He also has a heck of a lot of driving miles in there too. I know he is on the plane to Boston as I am typing this and I am very glad to see that the Clinton Corners gig is the 3rd on his tour. Hopefully he will have plenty of CD's, T-shirts, and other goodies. I mention this because it is rare that Rushad has this stuff. So if you decide during the evening that you would like to take home something from the event, and knowing that peeling floor boards up will be frowned upon and sternly discouraged, I suggest you make a purchase then and there. You might want to bring a sharpie and get it autographed whilst you are there. No telling when he might present the same opportunity again.
 If you yourself are a cellist, or have an interest, Rushad has produced, through Homespun Tapes (right here in Woodstock) a very fine instructional DVD which he may or may not have, but can be purchased through Homespun at any time.
 To say we are excited about this is understated and I know you think that because he is my friend and I find him inspirational, I might just overstate a bit. Well, I suppose that's possible. But if you don't believe me, perhaps you might believe this article which appeared in The Boston Globe on Monday morning.
 We are also hopeful that Rushad will introduce the Mouse Princess for her first appearance at the Rocky Top Barn, and I can tell you she is a lovely gal who can hold her own with the pace Rushad sets for the evening.
 Of course, we all look forward to meeting Sam, Gabe, and Danny. Put it all together and we are in for a heck of a night! Please keep in mind that these artists make their living off of what we take in, and plane tickets aren't cheap these days. Drop a few extra bucks in the bucket if you are so inclined at the end of your evening. Please also say thanks to our host family for allowing us the use of their home for the evening. They are most gracious, kind, and sharing folks, those Bonks. We have some other folks in mind for gigs like these, all artists we would be most fortunate to have a chance to see in a small setting. However, if we can't make it worth their while, we really can't ask them to come.
 As I mentioned somewhere, if you run Rushad's name on you tube, you get over 8,000 hits. That's a LOT of videos to wade through (and I have watched most of them). Here's a video to warm you up from a while back out in South Dakota just after dawn, you see they found this parking garage and well... Oh, I'll just let Rushad explain it:


I tried to imbed this other one, but I can't, so if you click on THIS LINK, you will get a sneak preview of the Mouse Princess. Mouse princess videos are quite rare, in fact, this is the only one in which I can find her performing except the Grey Fox 2013 videos, and there are 1,200 people in that crowd, so those videos are a bit rough. I think there is a fair chance we may hear this rap on Saturday, so learn the word now, OK?

 We (I) hope to see you Saturday, and if I don't already know you, please come up to me and say hello. (I'll be the guy with the biggest grin. Wait, that doesn't narrow it down much. OK, I'm the guy with the longish stringy mustache, cowboy boots, and a banjo belt buckle. That should narrow it down to a dozen or so.) We have folks driving as much as 4 hours (each way) to attend this event. I hope you can join us.
Keep the Beat,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment